fot

Re: [FOT] Cannon Mk1-need info on this car.

To: N197TR4@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Cannon Mk1-need info on this car.
From: jimdonick <whimsey1@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 09:30:30 -0400 (EDT)
There was a Cannon Special that ran on the left coast right around 1950.   It
was shaped rather like a slightly flattened cigar and reportedly ran Ford
running gear.   I suspect this is the Cannon Mk 1 that you're asking about but
not certain.   There's a photo of it in Alan Girdler's "American Road Racing
Specials: 1934 - 70" on pages 14 and 22.
I'll check my library a bit more carefully later and expect to come up with a
better description.

If it ran a Pebble it isn't likely to be Triumph based as I think the Pebble
Beach Road races were more or less History after 1956 so there wouldn't have
been many Triumph based specials at that point, though I'll certainly allow
there could have been the odd TR-2 based beastie running by then.

Don't know if this is of any value but . . . I hope so.

More later if I get lucky in my library.

kind regards,
jimdonick
VSCCA Editor