fot

Re: [FOT] Tuesday Morning in FoTLand

To: dos_gusanos@msn.com, Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>,
Subject: Re: [FOT] Tuesday Morning in FoTLand
From: atenglish@mindspring.com
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:17:33 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I don't know if there is any 'fool-proof' way to stop a Jensen-Healey from
trying to ignite. It's sort of a tradition. You might try replacing the float
bowls with the later solid types. The modern-day replacement for the
combustable sports car appears to be the Boxter.  Check out wreckedexotics.com
and see if you agree.

A few weeks ago I bought a 3.8S and set on fire three times before loading on
the trailer.  Countless times I have had people ask me what the attraction to
these old sports cars could be. I tell them 'The chance that the car will burst
into flames every time the key is turned just adds to the adventure.'

Alan T