fot

Re: [Fot] Driving Music

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Driving Music
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 21:37:14 -0700
> One other recommendation is "Books on Tape" (but get them on CDs).

I will second that ... but my suggestion is to get a player that will handle MP3
files on CD and then transcribe your "books on CD" to MP3 format.  That way you
can get several complete books on a single disc, rather than having 5 or more
discs per book.

And if you can find a book you like, it not only makes the miles fly by, but I
find it really reduces my stress level as well.  I arrive much more rested (and
a bit sorry I'm there).  On more than one occasion, I've sat in the parking lot,
listening to the end of a chapter !

FWIW, I'm currently listening to "Even Cowgirls get the Blues" by Tom Robbins.
Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams, Tony Hillerman and Janet Evanovich are some of
my other favorite authors for driving.  Ayn Rand went over really well too,
towing an unloaded trailer to St. Paul & back.

Randall