fot

Re: [Fot] All Alluminum Tour is Over

To: <Labs0808@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] All Alluminum Tour is Over
From: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 20:20:12 -0700
Guilty as charged, sort of. The pass was complete, but it was pointless, there
wasn't any way I could have held the position once we hit the chute coming out
of the boot. But it wasn't really that aggressive a move, I had been following
the guy for five laps, I got to watch in great detail how he went through the
corners since I didn't have anything else to do. It was a pretty slow dance.

It also wasn't really an outside pass--I got by him in the straight section
before the turn in for the next corner when he went wide at the end of that
carousel-like turn. The only reason it looked like an outside pass on the next
corner is that he didn't let up when I started to turn in. I was already
turning when he hit me, and he hit me on the rear corner. Not a nudge, like it
would have been if I had cut him off, but a hard hit that smashed my subframe
in. No way that could happen unless I was well in front of him. In other
words, pass complete.

I also had no idea the guy was a flake, except for the wild way he was
cornering sometimes. A number of people came by afterwards and told me he has
a rep for wild driving. One of the risks of doing this trip is that I DON'T
know the people I'm driving with. I have to trust that they'll be rational. If
I'd known he was that wild, I might not have have passed him. Of course if the
club thinks he's that wild he should probably have someone talking to him.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "I told the boys they both were at
fault in the crash" Do you mean you told me? You didn't, in fact you said
exactly the opposite and said you had it all on video.

I do like the idea of a bronze monument though. Could it be close to Wismer's?
It would be nice to have an alternate place to let Sam leave his little
olfactory messages.

Incidentally, I'd love a copy of the video. It would be fun to see it.

Any idea what Carl decided to do?