fot

Re: [Fot] Crower Carrot

To: gasket.works@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Crower Carrot
From: "Shane Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 18:39:57 -0400
Mordy wrote:

>Crankshaft ...brand new i.e. never used  standard TR3/4 journal mains and
>rods surplus custom billet  "dummy main" crankshaft made by Crower of San
>Diego. i.e.   Smooth rear lip seal, four 7/16" bolts plus pins.   The good
>news ----It is AVAILABLE  2day.
>The bad news (---Not a typo)  $3,300.00

A lot of the heavy moving parts in my old 351 Cleveland were built
by Crower, and it would run at 7,000 rpm all day long.  Crower builds
truly good stuff, and I would recommend them.  $3.3K?  CHEAP, considering
I am still looking at $6K for the first billet TR6 crank.

When is someone going to kick SCCA in the a$$ and allow all TR6s to
compete in vintage?  Once the market exists, affordable hi-po bits will
follow.

Shane Ingate, in the Land of Enchantment