fot

Re: [Fot] Laguna Seca

To: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>, "Gary Horstkorta"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Laguna Seca
From: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:04:31 -0800
I raced there some on a motorcycle, the corkscrew is a lot less scary on a
bike--you can see where you're going. First time I went around in a car I
nearly freaked out--no idea where I was going. I followed a 77 year old
motorcycle racer through the corkscrew once--he was on a Ducati 916 racing
bike, I was on my stock 916. As the front wheels started loading after the
downhill chute he rolled his front tire off the rim. I watched him go down
like it was slow motion, bounced once in front of me (body only) and cleared
the Armco barrier. I assumed he was either dead or his bones snapped like
castanets. I pulled off and ran back to find him brushing himself off casually
while he looked for his bike--it went over the armco too.