fot

[Fot] How much tyre/wheel clearance on the rear tube shock

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] How much tyre/wheel clearance on the rear tube shock
From: JOSEPH HUGHES <tr5racer@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:12:11 +0000 (GMT)
Not a lot. Depends on the offset of the wheel and the width and profile of the
225 tyre you are intending using. I have had problems on my racing TR5 which
has this set up using 205 x 60 tyres let alone 225's and finished up using a
spacer to space out the wheel sufficently to clear the shocker and bracket.
  What size wheels are you intending using as the ideal wheel size for a 205 x
60 tyre is 7 inch. Do you need to go wider than that?

  Mike Hughes