fot

Re: [Fot] TR7 Seats

To: Group44TR7@aol.com, macdonaldp@rogers.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR7 Seats
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:08:11 EDT
Being a member of the FOT is never having to say you're sorry about anything.

That being said, I drove a TR7 several years ago and found it to be a
REMARKABLE car!.

John Buffum loves his TR8 and still uses it as a daily driver.

BTW, if he had not a prior committment in rallying, John would be joining us
at Watkins Glen.

(Cary, I am still planning to head your way in October or November)

Joe A

> Paul
>
>     Since I was the one who nominated you for FOT, I  want to extend my
> deepest apologies for the recent disparaging FOT blogging  about your
> beloved TR7s.
>
>     Please take solace in the fact that Bob Tullius,  the greatest Triumph
> driver of all time, has stated that the TR7/8 was his  favorite Triumph
> racecar.
> Not to mention that Triumph greatest success in SCCA  rally came with John
> Buffum in the TR7/8.
>
>     The reality of this whole situation is that when  these TR7 bloggers
> drive past store front glass in their TR3s, the  reflection they visualize
> that
> they are still in their late 20s on the way to  lover leap. That same
> visualization would simply be near  impossible in a car that was 20 years
> newer.
>
> Cary

   </HTML>