fot

[Fot] Street Legal

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Street Legal
From: Steven Belfer <colordog.1@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 07:33:38 -0800
Are any of your race cars street legal?

I have considered modifying my car to make it street legal for an
OCCASIONAL drive.  I probably won't do it because the thought of some
driver in a Escalade with video screens on the cell phone might be my
demise.  I'm more afraid of that than turn 9 at Willow Springs.

If you have gone "streetable" with a former race car, what are your
experiences or recommendations?

If I did it, I'd have to do the following:  Raise the ride height, bad
idea for a race car

Put in an alternator, lights and a horn:  No big deal

Use milder cyl head or thicker HG for less compression / pump gas

Muffler: Supertrapp?

Title!  My car has no title but I have the ID plates from a scrapped
TR3.

This is probably a bad idea.  I know my dad wouldn't like it but it's
killing me to only enjoy being in the car a few times per year.

What would they look at at the DMV?

~Steve