fot

Re: [Fot] Road America brief report and video / pic links

To: tony@tonydrews.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Road America brief report and video / pic links
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 14:47:29 EDT
Amici...

Ah yes, we suspect my problem trying to pull out of our paddock (slight up
hill on 'spring grass') was that the clutch froze to the flywheel, at least
I could no longer get it into any gear. With five minutes to race time, I
figured my goose was cooked, and I got back into street clothes.  Then there
was an incident in the Race Group ahead of us, and our race was a good half
hour late.  I should have fooled around with the issue, as eventually it went
away.  Turning everything off, letting it cool down, and starting over
seemed to be a fix.  At least we were running under our own power when we went
to load it in the trailer.  We'll take a harder look at it in the shop.

As it turned out, I got to watch the race from corner five, and can verify
the fun Tony was describing.  Tony was collecting Porsches all week end, and
done us all proud.  Must also mention John Fridirici in his TR3A, who was
all alone for most of the race, but as such it was easy to see what a smooth
driver John is.  He looked really good coming through FIVE and up the hill
to SIX.  John also ran the Enduro on Friday night, and clocked about 140
miles in that race.

The fast MORGAN that passed Tony started well behind him.  That's Pat
Starr, from Minnesota.  He is in his 70s, and driving the same old MORGAN he's
been driving since the early 1960s.  He is a GREAT driver and used to own the
Peyote.  Like Bill Babcock, Starr embarrassed a lot of people with the
Peyote in vintage racing.

About the bottle of wine.  It is 14 1/2 liters, and nearly as tall as
Shirley.  My wife and I have reached a point in life where we enjoy splitting a
bottle of wine a couple of nights a week.  I think we're going to need seat
belts for this one.

Bill Dentinger

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See Yours in Just 2
Easy Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322941x1201367178/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&
bcd=Mayfooter51809NO115)