fot

Re: [Fot] who builds their own engines? Update II

To: "MadMarx" <tr4racing@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] who builds their own engines? Update II
From: "Geoff Byrne" <gkbyrne@optushome.com.au>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 09:48:45 +1000
FOT
I started building race engines in early 1970 when I decided to race a GT6
here in Australia . I got hold of Kas book , contacted his organisation and
imported from him all the race  parts he supplied or developed . Car went
like a rocket ( scared the shit out of me the first time I drove it at
Warick Farm) the motor was very reliable though the powertrain had trouble
handling the power, i kept breaking gearboxes and axles.
Those of us who race Triumphs are all indebted to Kas for the development
work he did and to the fact he was so willing to share this knowledge and
provide race proven gear to all. I'm sure I would not have had the enjoyment
from racing a Triumph without this initiative. Thanks Kas,  your influence
extends well beyond the borders of America.
I now race a TR6 PI and while the developments have gone well beyond what
Kas was doing the foundations are there
Geoff Byrne
TR6 Racer down under