fot

Re: [Fot] chevy con-rods

To: mpendy@dishmail.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] chevy con-rods
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 11:05:12 EDT
We have had them in our engine for about three years.

I am looking for the spec sheet on them.......somewhere on my computer.

They require grinding the crank to another dimension so you can use Chevy
Bearings (cheap & good) (Clevite 777?)

They also need to be rebushed with good bronze bushings.

Spacers need to be produced to center the rod in the piston.

I adjusted the pressure on the oil pressure regulator up slightly to get it
back to the same reading, as it is narrower at the low end.

I'd have to say that I am pleased with Uncle Jack's research leading to
this change.

There are some one time costs, but that should settle out to bearing
replacement.

I think the Clevite bearings about $25 for a set of eight.

Joe A

> Good Morng Family, could i get a little input on what type or application
> of
> the chevrolet connecting rods some of you folks are useing in the tractor
> engines as i have seen mentioned, starting on a spare engine and they
> sounded
> like a possable alternative to what i have been using, any input
> ??.....Thanks..........Mark Pendy........#65TR4

</HTML>
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html