fot

Re: [Fot] chevy con-rods

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] chevy con-rods
From: "Enquiries Road & Track" <enquiries@roadandtrack.net.au>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 08:57:45 +1000
the though of narrower rods at the big end region worries me.

I run an engine shop, and know from bitter experience, that excessive side
clearance at the big end, is a major source of engine rattles and loss of
oil pressure. most rods have a limit of about 0.005"-0.008" and in our race
engines, we run them down as low as we can get.

there are plenty of custom made rods for TR engines, so why would one bother
with an concept that has an intrinsic design flaw?

Terry O'Beirne
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html