fot

Re: [Fot] FOT: Commerical Posts - YES or NO?

To: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] FOT: Commerical Posts - YES or NO?
From: Scott Janzen <s.janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 16:27:49 -0400
I am on this list to learn from others and for the entertainment
value.  I think it's helpful to hear about an unusual product or a
great deal on a car or parts - I bought a TR4 roller this year because
Joe posted its availability to this group.  Was that posting
inappropriate?  I don't see that your posting is any different.   Do I
want to hear about something Moss or Victoria British is offering -
no , I can find that on my own.  Something unique or low volume is of
interest, however, and I think the product you mentioned fits the
racing criteria for this group as well.

Specially constructed products for our 40+ year old cars is a niche
market.  I'm happy that people continue to come up with better ways to
repair and improve our old cars, and I'm inclined to agree that it's
more of a hobby than a big profit center (probably answers someone's
question from the other day of why Moss doesn't have a catalog for the
early Spits - there's so few left that there's no money in it).

Sorry someone dumped on you.  I look at the subject and hit the delete
button if I'm not interested.  I think you were clear that you had no
financial interest, and were passing along something you thought was
neat but could not vouch for.

Discounts?  See my comment about hobbyist production.  If you think
it's too expensive, make it yourself or don't buy it.
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive