fot

Re: [Fot] Fade Stop Brake Coolers - Now Available for TRs

To: "''Friends of Triumph' Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fade Stop Brake Coolers - Now Available for TRs
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:29:11 -0700
> Kind of steep for a simple heat sink.  Gives me an idea though ;)

If you are looking for ideas, I saw something interesting on the wife's
non-LBC the other day.  It has a plate near the disc, much like the original
"dust shields" on TRs.  The difference is that the bottom edge of the plate
extends down so it almost touches the wheel, and has an angled scoop that
follows the inside of the wheel.  I think it's clear that the scoop is
supposed to pick up the layer of air that is moving with the wheel, and
direct it up across the inner surface of the disc for additional cooling.

-- Randall
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html