fot

Re: [Fot] FOT: Commerical Posts - YES or NO?

To: "macdonaldp" <macdonaldp@rogers.com>, "'Justin Wagner'"
Subject: Re: [Fot] FOT: Commerical Posts - YES or NO?
From: "Bob Kramer" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 15:42:15 -0500
Justin,

Your subject line says Commerical Posts - YES or NO?....and then the posting
goes on to wonder if drawing attention to a specific product is crossing
some sort of line. With those statements you can get both yes and no answers
with writers meaning the same thing.

I think Paul meant NO, it is not crossing some sort of line, so YES to
commercial posts (correct me if I am wrong). I would say MAYBE!

Product development shared with others in the FOT has been helpfull to many
of us over the years but an open door to everyday blatent Commercial
Postings could and would offend many. I think whoever wrote that private
note to you made the assumption that your's was one of those types. List
members developed the Southwick axle conversion, uprated front stub axles
and hubs and other beneficial products like a valve cover gasket. The
products were shared individually to known interested parties during
development and later they went public. I think many people on the list
prefer this low key, minimal approach, but sometimes a product or service
comes out that might benefit us all right away. I bought 24 quarts of 20w50
VR1 after someone on the list posted that AutoZone had them on sale for
$2.00 each. I wouldn't have known about that and I appreciated the post.
TYVM. I hope the guy didn't work for AutoZone :(

Anyhow, I think the answer to commercial posts can't be defined as yes or
know. It has to be defined in its purpose. Is the post designed to help your
friends that love racing Triumphs? Post it. Everyone may not agree with what
I have written but by that standard I think your post was fine.  IMHO

Bob Kramer
Volente, TX

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch
excellence.
Vince Lombardi