fot

Re: [Fot] Accusump

To: tr3driver@ca.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Accusump
From: Fubog1 <fubog1@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 13:32:33 -0400
 Of course the pump is positive displacement, when it is pumping oil. If it is
just sucking air (as in a particular hard left-hand corner), I would prefer
that the charge go where it is supposed to go ie the bearings., and let the
oil pump do what it does. If a system isn't prone to sucking air, then the
accusump becomes less critical, in that respect.
Also when cold starting, before the engine is turning, there is a lot of
restriction on the bearing side because the oil ports are not likely lined up,
ie not much bleed.
Just as a matter of interest I have 2 oil pressure gauges in my spit, one for
running and the other for accusump. When I used to run F prod with slicks,
guaranteed every lap coming out of #2 at palm beach, the main pressure would
drop a tad & then the accusump would kick in, just for a moment until the oil
pump got things sorted out...
JMHO
Glen