fot

Re: [Fot] Accusump

To: tr3driver@ca.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Accusump
From: Fubog1 <fubog1@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 18:04:25 -0400
 I suspect that the pump is a considerable bleed when it is inop ie initial
charging of the system, before it is spinning. I don't see it as a check valve
at that point, sorry to disagree.
Generally speaking (typing), one of the biggest, if not the biggest cause of
wear in an engine in service is "dry" starts. The 1500 spit/midget engine with
certain oil filter/housing configurations is the perfect example.
I agree that an engine in good shape, and not driven hard (ie street engine),
would benefit little, if at all, from an accusump. Race engines need all the
help they can get.
My intent in posting about this was not to start a debate. I simply saw
information posted that contradicts normal practice, & my personal experience
using accusumps for a long time, and I wanted to offer some additional
thoughts on the matter...

Glen