fot

Re: [Fot] Starter problem / Clutch issue

To: Edward Dunn <edunn@qualityfueltrailers.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Starter problem / Clutch issue
From: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 14:48:38 -0500
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Starters have been a tough issue for me to. I had to make a custom set up
for mine. Nothing else would fit without touching the headers.
Short answer, try to have a couple spares on hand in case of a total failure
But regardless...They just won't work when hot.
Yes, definitely wrap the starter with the heat shield it helps a bit. (be
certain that the heat shield does not touch the header anywhere).

As for the clutch line, it should run behind the brake master cylinder and
along the rear of the firewall as far as possible. Then straight down to
the slave. Ted could make you a one piece braided line to run that entire
distance...I doubt the line getting hot is the problem. Its probably the
clutch itself getting hot and not working right...
What kind of clutch set-up do you have?

Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing GT6