fot

Re: [Fot] TR CHASSIS FATIGUE - A CAUTIONARY TALE

To: MadMarx <tr4racing@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR CHASSIS FATIGUE - A CAUTIONARY TALE
From: "Tylerpthompson@yahoo.com" <Tylerpthompson@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 09:16:43 -0700
Cc: "<fot@autox.team.net>" <fot@autox.team.net>
In my spare time, I am building a TR4 daily driver.  I got a street car frame
from another FOT member.  It looked good and is in very good shape.

When I had it media blasted, I found cracks on the frame around lower wishbone
mounting brackets, cross member, and near the motor mounts.  Keep in mind that
this is a stock TR4 frame not subjected to the stresses of racing.

Had I not had it media blasted, I would never have seen these.  Now it is
primed and painted with Eastwood Chassis Black.  The build begins..

Just places for you to look in your spare time...

Ty
#413 TR4

Sent from my iPad
(Please excuse any errors or typos)