fot

Re: [Fot] Advice on Differential - Stock, Lock or LSD

To: "Charles WATSON" <clw2000@msn.com>,fot-bounces@autox.team.net,"FOT List" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Advice on Differential - Stock, Lock or LSD
From: jason@multivintage.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 18:04:40 +0000
Hey Chuck, lots of interesting feedback here. If I were in your position, I'd
buy a couple good used 3.89's. (From a reliable used Triumph parts guy, like
TSI or similar trusted source)
Speaking from experience and paying specific attention to what Steve said. (He
went through slow progression of set-ups that actually get harder and harder on
the drive train with each developement) Like all of us GT6 guys, you will be
embarking on a long path of finding drivetrain solidity that fits your driving
style. In this process, you are most likely going to destroy a few key
components. (Every one of us has). Perhaps, for  the process of learning how to
drive this car at hi speed and getting it initially sorted. For your first
season, you may be very wise in the pocketbook, to start a regular old (good)
stock diff.
I think that (specifically for the gt6) you can take the Quaife off the table.
In the end, I agree with Scott and Steve; the welded set up is the advanced
choice.
BUT, its effectiveness leaves no room for errors in the transition between
gears. Perfect rev matching is required and lots of seat time prior to a
"trick" diff. may serve you well.

Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing