fot

Re: [Fot] Battery Advice Needed

To: Chuck WATSON <clw2000@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Battery Advice Needed
From: Bill Babcock <ponobill@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 05:04:32 -1000
Cc: FOT List <fot@autox.team.net>
Ive never heard of boxing a battery. Its a bad idea. Easier to short it, and
if youre using lead/acid you could trap hydrogen. Ive never seen it as a
requirement either or course.

We use small sealed racing batteries in Peyote. It runs total loss, though
that constantly bugs Garmey. He wants to solve the problem of keeping an
alternator on it. Im happy not having it break off and toss the belt, ending
a race and threatening overheating.