fot

Re: [Fot] Battery Advice Needed

To: Chuck WATSON <clw2000@msn.com>,FOT List <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Battery Advice Needed
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 09:10:51 -0600
I run a (heavy) Optima red-top clamped to the body in a vented
plastic battery box, mounted in the trunk.  I also run an alternator
(GM one wire).  I've had the alternator fail and not realized it for
the whole race weekend.  At Laguna Seca, when I went to start it to
put it on the trailer to tow it home it didn't have enough juice to
start.  Had run the whole weekend without issue prior to that.

Tony Drews