fot

Re: [Fot] Low oil pressure after overheating

To: "damys@charter.net" <damys@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Low oil pressure after overheating
From: SCOTT JANZEN <sjanzen@me.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 22:07:56 -0400
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
If it had good oil pressure before and doesn't now, I doubt it's the pressure
relief valve. Is there oil in the coolant or vice versa?   You said there is
no pressure at idle - is there pressure at higher RPMs?  You should of course
connect a pressure gauge to  the oil galley - remove one of the plugs on the
galley to do this - before you do anything else to make sure it's not the
gauge or connection.
I agree with Jason that you need a bigger or deeper rad, preferably aluminum
though obviously that won't cure the oil pressure issue.
Keep us posted.  Good luck!

Sent from my mobile device