fot

Re: [Fot] Aluminum connectors

To: MadMarx <tr4racing@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Aluminum connectors
From: SCOTT JANZEN <sjanzen@me.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 10:26:10 -0500
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
There are no O-rings in AN fittings. The threaded sleeve that fits over the
braided line compresses it onto the fitting (self sealing on the "rubber" hose
liner), and the fitting-to- fitting metal seal is precision ground and a
tapered fit, and does not require an O-ring seal.  These fittings can be
disconnected and reconnected many, many times. If there is a leak, there is a
nick or cut in something.
If you are assembling a new braided line and fitting, the best way I've found
to cut the braided line is to wrap it tightly with electrical tape directly
adjacent to the cut line, and then use a circular power cut off saw to neatly
cut the line, as the braided sheath tends to easily unravel.

Sent from my mobile device