fot

Re: [Fot] Aluminum connectors

To: 'MadMarx' <tr4racing@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Aluminum connectors
From: Diesel Performance Parts - Info <info@dieselperformanceparts.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 09:38:52 -0600
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US a=EpCmqmUwonNx2x65zUBjwg==] a=kj9] a=YlVTAMxI] a=A92cGCtB03wA:10] a=Jcvz] a=QlccJKjlxdtN8mtA:21 ] a=Ume8oppRF2UA:10 ]
Cc: "'fot@autox.team.net'" <fot@autox.team.net>
I bet since they are new they are not galling but at the same time I have had
them sort of hang up when tightening them. Drop a drop of the same oil you use
in the engine on the threads and also in the inside of the fittings where they
spin on themselves to seal. Not the 37 degree angle of the fitting where they
seal but back inside where the cap and or nut spins on the fitting. That keeps
them from trying to bind when you tighten them and if you have the correct
fitting mating with the correct matching male/female ends they will not leak.

What brand fittings are these???  Are you sure they are the correct ends to
mate together as there are other degree of angle ends other than the common 37
degree ones we all typically use. If you got some different ones mixed
together they will leak.

Mark Craig
Diesel Performance Parts, INC.
411 Allied Drive