fot

[Fot] early TR3 input shaft question

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] early TR3 input shaft question
From: <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 12:27:34 +0000
I have an early TR2/3 non-synchro first gear overdrive tranny that I am
rebuilding. The mainshaft was trashed so I bought one on eBay but it is
different in an important way. The old one was similar to the ones that I'm
used to seeing in a TR4, the input shaft rides on a caged set of rollers on the
snout of the mainshaft. This early one, according to the Moss catalog, takes a
$39.00 bushing on a much smaller diameter bearing surface. It is also longer
which I think is an important difference requiring an early input shaft that I
don't have. Does anyone know if the diameter of the early style TR2/3 bushing
mates up to the inside of the later input shaft diameter with the bearing
removed? I figure I can trim off a bit of the mainshaft and bushing and make it
work if the bushing mates to the later input shaft.

Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com