fot

[Fot] New Years Resolution: weight loss

Subject: [Fot] New Years Resolution: weight loss
From: explore8 at outlook.com (D V)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 15:36:22 +0000
Starsky and hutch? Nice! Made me laugh.

Sent from my iPhone

Correct....assumed you had a 1500

Sent from my iPhone

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the 1584# is for a 1500 and 1432# for
earlier spits.

Driver losing 20 is definitely on the list.

I am curious about all the alum parts suggestions and 1-if there is that much
difference in weight and 2-would I be sacrificing any reliability?

One thing that is an unknown and on my list to investigate is alum flywheel.

Sent from my iPhone

Anything you can get that is made out of aluminum. My 5 would be radiator,
water pump housing, water pump, belt pulleys, alloy front hubs.

This is just one of many resolutions but thought I would seek some advice here.
I have a pretty well prepared spit racer that would like to shed some pounds
for the new year.

He went on a diet in 2015 and lost about 60 lbs from his rear with the removal
of some extraneous steel and going from a standard battery to a light weight
Braille racing battery.

Currently he weighs 1578 lbs with no fuel. Corner weights in the following
format of FL/FR RL/RR are 450/449 and 341/338.

The thought is to focus on his front this year. He already has a mini
alternator and high torque starter (not sure the starter is any savings).

What would be your top 5 things to review/address?

Thanks!

Derek

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission has been sent by a
law firm on a legal matter. It may contain information that is confidential,
privileged, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are not
authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message, any part
of it, or any attachments. If you have received this message in error, please
content and notify the sender immediately of the inadvertent transmission.
There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including
the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication. Thank you
for your cooperation. 11 U.S.C. 528(a)(4) NOTICE. We are a debt relief agency.
We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the federal Bankruptcy Code.