fot

[Fot] History's Mysteries...Spitfire Duel Master Plumbing...

Subject: [Fot] History's Mysteries...Spitfire Duel Master Plumbing...
From: apage at prosystembrakes.com (Ashley Page)
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 11:57:11 -0500
Problems with that twin master cyl set up:

 1. Using flange mount cylinders like that system, there has to be a pivot
(spherical bearing, trunion or similar) in the pedal where the bar passes thru
to allow for the different push rod travel distances that will occur during
breaking. Hard to tell in the picture; there may be a pivot on the bar in the
pedal, can?t tell.

2. The restriction placed on the heim joints by the large washers on each side
of each heim will be a problem if or once the bar in that pedal can pivot.

Every application with twin cylinders and a fixed bar in the pedal that cannot
pivot uses a balance bar at the other end of the master cylinders (cylinder
bodies have a bearing in the end opposite the push rod)

Sent from my iPhone