fot

[Fot] Adding type A OD

Subject: [Fot] Adding type A OD
From: nicholsondustin at yahoo.com (dustin nicholson)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 10:39:59 -0600
Reviving an old question. Do you clutch when shifting in or out of overdrive?

I do not. I go in to overdrive while on the throttle and out of overdrive while
off the throttle. It?s smooth that way so I don?t use the clutch.

I don?t seem to be shortening the overdrive?s life span with this method. What
do you do?

And yes, avoid column mounted overdrive switch. I routinely hit it by accident
on the Street TR6 when autocrossing which is really annoying since it has a J
Type that?s wired to work in all four gears (also a bad idea as it takes
forever for a J Type to build up pressure and engage overdrive in first gear...
about a 5-10 second delay)

Dusty Nicholson
1971 Spitfire FP #4

Sent from my iPhone