Re: another long day

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: another long day
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:11:54 -0700 (MST)
   The List is designed and maintained by Mark Brackus in Salt Lake City

That's Bradakis.

   you can actually question the list about past E-mails on a Particular
   subject.

If you have WWWeb access, try out http://listquest.com, under the
Hobbies/Vehicles link.  At least I think it is there, I'll check in a
minute.  Another way to look at old postings is using majordomo.  Send a
message to majordomo@autox.team.net with the command, in plain text,

  index land-speed

You will be mailed back something like

total 542
-rw-rw----   1 majordom mailadmin 146582 Jan 30 22:18 land-speed.archive.9901
-rw-rw----   1 majordom mailadmin  89873 Feb 26 17:26 land-speed.archive.9902
-rw-rw----   1 majordom mailadmin  31034 Mar  8 12:56 land-speed.archive.9903

The important info you wnt is the number right before the date, and the last
part, the name of the actual archive file.  RealSoonNow I'm going to redo
the software to provide just the needed info, i.e. instead of

-rw-rw----   1 majordom mailadmin  31034 Mar  8 12:56 land-speed.archive.9903

You would get

File name                     Size (bytes)

land-speed.archive.9903        31034

Assuming your mailer can handle the size of the archive file (for this list,
no sweat, for some of the others here the archive can be many magabytes) you
then request the old mail with the get command.  Again, send mail to
majordomo@autox.team.net with the command

 get land-speed land-speed.archive.9903

Then majordomo will mail back the archive for the 3rd month of 1999.  You can
request more than one at a time, if so desired:

 get land-speed land-speed.archive.9901
 get land-speed land-speed.archive.9902
 get land-speed land-speed.archive.9903
 get shop-talk shop-talk.archive.9903