Introduction

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Introduction
From: ECTA845@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:29:40 EDT
--part1_e4462901.244751d4_boundary

From: ECTA845@aol.com
Full-name: ECTA845
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:15:15 EDT
To: landspeed@autox.team.net

Hi to all,  After a nuge from Keith I thought I should introduce myself.
Keith asked
        me what got me interested in Land Speed Racing.  I think it was
seeing the
        Arfons and Breedlove battle it out for the for the speed record in
the 60's. Or
        maybe it was building the Mickey Thompson liner. I know what it was
it was
         making the last pass in Maxton on Saturday back in October.I did'nt
have
        clue that holding the pedal down for that long would be so much fun.
Thanks
         John.

                  Well let me bring you up speed up what I' ve been up to
latey. As some
         will know I was working on racing a Vega with the ECTA. Well I sold
the Vega
        and bought me a Monza. The  Monza's a bit more aero than the Vega and
I       won't have any second thoughtsabout making it race worthy. The Vega
was
        a low mileage car,could'nt bring myself to cut it up.
                So now I have a few questions. Should I gut the interior
completly from my
        Monza for saftey reasons? What gear ratio should I use in my rearend,
26' tall
        tire@7500 rpm engine speed. Thanks to all as I have learned a ton of
info so far
        reading your posts.  Thanks Randy Williams

--part1_e4462901.244751d4_boundary--