Re: I'm new

To: edvs@idt.net
Subject: Re: I'm new
From: Ronald_B_Anderson@notes.seagate.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 14:28:35 -0600
Ed-

Good, glad somebody out there hears me...

My aerodynamics book says for a rough estimate, take width (73.6 in) times
height (47.7 in), convert to square feet, as you indicated by dividing by
144,  which equals 24.38, and take 81 percent of that, which gives 19.75,
square feet, pretty close to your number. But that seems too large to me.
That's why I started searching for the real number.

This year I plan on only observing at W.O.S. this year, and forming a plan
on breaking 200, my goal. First thing, I just got the C5, and need to find
someone who can do a world class job on a roll bar (luxury quality and
appearance). I already calculate my horsepower losses (rolling [frictional,
inertial, and mechanical] and aerodynamic losses) with a spreadsheet model
I built. Right now it looks like I need 450 HP to do the job. This points
to supercharging, but this is hard (read expensive) in the C5's engine
compartment. Carroll Supercharging in New Jersey, and Lingenfelter claim to
be able to do it for $10000. Can you explain this to my nagivator for me?

                    --- Ron

Ed Van Scoy <edvs@idt.net> on 06/17/99 11:09:39 AM

Please respond to edvs@idt.net