Re: Muroc

To: johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Muroc
From: V4GR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 10:35:13 EDT
        John- the Vega will run in B/Alt, I have run it in alt with a GMC 6
(XO/BALT) some years ago and in B/Alt with an $1100 460 Lincoln 198MPH and
once with a 455 Pontiac 208MPH.
                                                        The Chrysler has an
earlier set of Hilborns, an unknown roller cam! 354 heads Mallory duel point
distributor and a Judson coil.
                        The Vega is on a home built rectangular tube frame
with full axle to axle home bent cage. Tube front axle with Econoline
spindles and brakes, home narrowed 9 inch Ford rear end.  Ford top loader
trans.
                        Its a real good example of recycling. Save a
landfill-build a car.                           The record is safe but we are
having fun.  Rich Fox