Re: Muroc

To: johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Muroc
From: V4GR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:52:19 EDT
John- The 455 was pretty strong. It was actually 468 had a John DeLong roller
cam Bill Miller rods and pistons Kinsler Injection big dollar #16 casting
heads. The guy who owned it spent a lot. I put it together and we tried it in
my Vega. He has run 186mph I think with the motor in his stock 68 GTO.
                                                If one turns .100 off the
locating dia. on the front bearing retainer and I think .040 off the collar
the throwout bearing slides on the top loader will fit a Chevy blow shield.
If you layout the bellhousing bolt circle for a MoPar on the Chevy flange you
will find you can drill 3 bolts thru to the block use flat head bolts on
others. 2 trans bolts also need redrilling and nuts welded into the
bellhousing. It turned out the Webber flywheel was to large in dia. to fit in
the blowshield so I turned the flywheel to fit the ring gear off the Pontiac
flywheel leftover and used a Pontiac starter. This is also how I bolted
toploader to Pontiac.
                                The Vega is #1104 no pictures anywhere. I did
send in a jpg of my roadster to this BB but have not seen it posted.   Rich
Fox