Re: Connecting Rods

To: "Joseph Timney" <TIMNEYJJ@sterlingdi.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Connecting Rods
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 06:49:24 -0700
Well if you had a Name like Turk... it would be easy to spell....

now on to this Aluminum thing... Yep got that in spades... Do you go out
and buy a set of Carrillo's .. and rebalance the entire assembly or do you
use them and run the risk.... Well it's cheaper to build a new motor then
it is to start over..

with this year being so close I am at the point of accepting what I have
and running it... NEXT year I can be safe.. This year we are simply going
to bring a back up motor and Hope of the best out of the D motor...

As Brad said about the back up when we dropped the valve.... All Race
motors have a definite Life span... This ones happened to be short!

Smile guys and have a great day.. I am off to Pedal some Rock...(fella's
got to make a Living some how...)

Keith

----------
> From: Joseph Timney <TIMNEYJJ@sterlingdi.com>
> To: land-speed@autox.team.net; fosterap@flash.net
> Subject: Connecting Rods
> Date: Friday, July 09, 1999 4:37 AM
>
> Jerry,
> The only time I can recomment the use of aluminum rods is when the motor
needs the cushioning feature offered using aluminum ( Nitro detonation ! ).
A good quality steel rod ( Carrillo or Crower) offers piece of mind. The
nascar guys go 500 miles using Carrillo Rods.
> BUT, there are many examples of people who run aluminum rods and get away
with it. I think I would call them, LUCKY !