RE: LSR

To: "Ferguson, Darrell" <dfergus@bactc.com>,
Subject: RE: LSR
From: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 14:50:50 -0400
        Darrell,

        I think I can probably tell you several reasons why Al Teague ran C/BFS
last year. And it sums up this way "poor salt conditions". It takes a while
to get up to 400 MPH and stoping is no piece of cake either. Seven miles of
salt arn't enough. Al has the same salt feaver that the rest of us do...so
rather than not race...he opted for a lower class.

        Why go out and run your AA motor to death, just for the sake of running,
when conditions won't permit the ultimate run. Why not go for a record in
another class!!! Personaly I'd rather set records too, rather than just
drive around the salt in an over powered piece that has, for whatever
reason, no chance of setting a record.

        The reasons for doing what we do can be complex.

        John Beckett