RE: LSR

To: "Ferguson, Darrell" <dfergus@bactc.com>,
Subject: RE: LSR
From: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 06:40:29 -0700 (PDT)
I don't know guys, think how boring it would be
to go to B-Ville if there were three hundred
entries, all streamliners, all running 500 inch
Chrysler hemis.  Now that's my idea of an awsome
car, but I sure wouldn't enjoy it if that's all
there was.  I like looking at and listening to
jimmy sixes, flatheads, Buick nailheads, flathead
sixes, chebbies, allisons, GEs, j-54s, Caddies,
custom-built fours, offys - - I mean - -that's
what it's all about.  I thought the diesel
mini-pickup at Maxton was awsome.  It was having
a bad day and it still impressed me.  I've always
been the kind of guy that thought junk yards were
gold mines.  If you look long enough, you can
find enough pieces to bolt together and build
something.  I guess that's why I like LSR - you
never know what will be under the hood of the car
in the next pit - a Studebaker with a Pinto, or a
Pinto with a Hemi!

=====
Dick J - - ECTA #72
G/FCC  - - XF/GR