Y2K Rules

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Y2K Rules
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 14:03:21 -0400
Dick's point of showing up "rule ready" reminds me of a question maybe
somebody can answer.

The rule book says an SA 95 helmet is not required until 2002. However,
when I went thru tech at SpeedWeek I was told I would need an SA 95 NEXT
year, and a sticker was affixed to my helmet. Years ago, when the last
helmet upgrade came in, I remember the last year I was using my then
helmet, a similar sticker was attached. So..... Is my SA 90 good until
2002 or do I need to show up on the lakes in 2000 with a SA95?  I
realize the new book is a long way off, but somebody may know what is
comming?
Thanks,
Ed