The most basic question of all...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: The most basic question of all...
From: "Seeley, Dale E" <Dale.Seeley@usa.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 11:33:26 -0500
I've been lurking the list for about a year now and have enjoyed the topics,
including all of the old engine stuff, a lot more than I would have
expected.  The latest fuel thread was quickly over my head, but later posts
did a really good job of making it understandable to a person like myself.

One thread I haven't seen yet regards new participants getting into the
sport.  I joined SCTA about the same time I found the mailing list, and have
since found the ECTA website and many of your own personal websites.

I haven't quite figured out where Maxton is yet, but I'm sure it's closer to
the Northeastern states than the Saltflats are.  I have a simple car, a
Dodge Neon, by no means a record car, but it's a place to start.  If you
lived in the Northeast, how would you go about getting involved in a meet?
Where would you go and when?

It's funny, I answer questions like this for people who are interested in
autocrossing all the time.  I used to think I was answering an obvious
question, but I've learned from trying to figure out Land Speed Racing that
it's not as obvious as it seems sometimes.

I'm not against going to the Salt at all, I'd just like an opportunity 'test
the waters' before jumping in with both feet....

Thanks for your patience,
Dale