Re: Ed Van Scoy's web site

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: Ed Van Scoy's web site
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@idt.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 15:54:45 -0700
Thanks to Keith, John, Tom & Joseph for the kind words on my "site".
Just to keep the record straight, it isn't my site - it is part of
Desert Corvette Associations's web site. They have profiles of members &
decided to use this story for me . It originated in their Club
newsletter in 1997 & found it'd way to the internet on several Corvette
related sites.
We all seem to find our way to the salt in a similar manner - we like
fast stuff, run out of room to run it & end up in Utah. I have to give
thanks to USFRA setting the hook for me, after all when I made the first
pass down the salt with this car, it still had valid license plates and
insurance on it.

John, those back tires are Talledega's, 8"x27"-15. I run 4.5
Frontrunners up front. I will probably go to 6" wide in rear when I
complete the coil-over conversion (thanks to Joseph T. who is helping me
determine proper spring rate)I had some minor handling problems this
year at SpeedWeek & blamed it on the course. When I removed the
transverse composite front spring, it was split! Got that baby out of
there just in time!

BTW, enjoyed the "fuel seminar". Ironically, I have often wondered what
class a GT car would go into if it moved from gas to fuel, as GT and MS
are gas only...... Any thoughts here?
Ed