Running Fuel ?

To: "'land-speed@autox.team.net'" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Running Fuel ?
From: "Ferguson, Darrell" <dfergus@bactc.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:55:30 -0800
With the upcoming rules committee meetings, I had a question regarding
vehicle classification. In the past I have seen suggestions for new classes,
and had seen replies where if 3 or more competitors would petition for a
class, then the SCTA would allow it on the grounds that there was sufficient
interest. My question arose from a discussion regarding the 4 seat
restriction in Comp Coupe. If you had built a wild competition vehicle, that
would otherwise fall into CC, except out of a 2 seater, then the car would
have to run in Modified Sports (with some minor variances). Within MS you
are restricted to running gasoline only for a fuel, with the exception of
adding Nitrous Oxide. Had I built a 2 seater along the lines of George
Potter's Salt Sonnet, I also would be restricted to gasoline. If CC was
opened up to 2 seater vehicles such as a Corvette, I feel that decision
would, in a way be unfair to the competitors currently in CC. Has anyone
proposed, or suggested segregating MS into gas and fuel classes. This would
make the class similar to many others within the SCTA (streamliner,
lakester, CC, Alt and others)? I don't run in MS nor do I plan to anytime
soon, but thought I might make this suggestion to see if there was any
interest amongst other competitors.

Darrell Ferguson
BLACK RADON ENGINEERING
# 939 BBFALT