RE: Rice Rocket Fun !

To: "'OHFASTONE@aol.com'" <OHFASTONE@aol.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Rice Rocket Fun !
From: "Ferguson, Darrell" <dfergus@bactc.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:54:32 -0800
The Hayabusa 1300 refers to Suzuki's new 200 mph + superbike. For those not
familiar with motorcycles, there has been an ongoing war between Honda,
Kawasaki, and Suzuki for many years. Every few years one manufacturer throws
out a trump card to have the fastest machine. For a while it was Kawasaki
with the ZX-10 Ninja, then Honda responded with the CBR- 1000 Hurricane (had
one- 167 mph was fun on the street!) Then Suzuki came out with the
GSXR-1100. Kawasaki came out with a ZX-11 (My brother Doug had one- careful
!) And that was the hot machine until Honda came out with the CBR -1100XX
(187mph off the showroom floor). Suzuki decided to up the ante with the
GSXR-1300, also known as the Hayabusa. No-one really knows the bike's true
top speed, since there are so few places where you can really open one up. I
have seen the bike advertised at 198 mph off the showroom floor, but I know
that one was tested in Germany on the Autobahn and ran 207 in stock trim.
Kawasaki subsequently postponed the release of their new ZX-13 until it
could surpass the Hayabusa's performance.

Darrell - BRE