Re: Cooling and Water Tanks

To: "Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield" <lemay@hiwaay.net>,
Subject: Re: Cooling and Water Tanks
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 13:12:34 -0500
No guessing here. In my /CC I run an 18 gal. tank. Have used up to 700 HP so
far with no cooling system problems through the five mile at Bonneville.
Also know of guys running tanks as small as 15 - 16 gal. successfully.

Ran the Chevette last year (approximately 450 HP) with a data logger for the
first time. When I played it back after the first run, with a 160 degree
thermostat, it ran the full five miles at the required 160 degrees.

I believe this system would run 1000 HP and not go over 180 degrees.

For you radiator guys try Keith Turks NASCAR qualifying radiator with built
in tank, it worked great as I never heard him even mention a cooling problem
this year at Bonneville or hot laps at Maxton.

Hope this helps.

John Beckett
ECTA & BNI record holder