Re: Cooling and Water Tanks

To: <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: Cooling and Water Tanks
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 19:47:36 -0500
    Tom

    As I mentioned before I use an 18 gal. tank, and probably could get away
with something in the 14  to 15 gal. range. My system was done by trial and
error with fortunately no error on the sizing side. The pumping side of
things has had a few more errors however. The Hilborn was a pain, and like
you I had to restrict the flow with two 1/2" hoses into a 5/8" connector. It
worked but with rather inconsistent results. The best system I've used so
far has been, more or less factory style, with a regular thermostat and
standard aluminum water pump (either belt or electric motor driven). Warms
up quick and cools consistently and evenly over the entire run. Will get a
chance to test with a bunch more HP as we plan on moving up to the Blown
classes in 2000.

    That will give you a chance at the D/GCC record too.

    John from Asheville, NC