Re: Cooling and Water Tanks

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Cooling and Water Tanks
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 11:46:40 -0800
I don't think the biggest problem at Bonneville for most is water
capacity. In our roadster, we used to run a 20 gallon tank with a stock
water pump and had to restrict the flow to a 3/8" discharge to get it
warm enough.

The volume of water circulation is most likely the biggest culprit. In
our present car, we have a four-core radiator with electric fan and
overflow tank with a 15 lb. cap. We don't run a stock pump, though, and
do have a bit of problem keeping cool enough on gasoline. Our pump is a
Jabsco centrifugal. I'm, in the process of trying to find a stock type
electric pump that will fit my application. (we drive an injector pump
off the cam). Any suggestions?

Tom