Re: ARDUN HEADS

To: lsr_man@yahoo.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ARDUN HEADS
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 12:05:30 EST
In a message dated 11/19/1999 8:07:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
lsr_man@yahoo.com writes:

<<
 I think my first message on this got out into
 cyber-space but never made it to the list.  The
 January 2000 Rod & Custom magazine has a short
 article on page 12 that indicates Ardun heads are
 now available from Ardun, Wilmington, California.
  Anybody know anything about this?  Are these
 real Ardun copies?  Are they good?

Group,
    The Ardun "re-pop" project that Don Orosco (Monterey, CA) conceived and
produced about 30 sets with a couple of years ago was recently sold to Don
Ferguson Jr., son of the late Bonneville/LSR icon Don Sr. Don is actively
making and selling the units at present.
    From what I've seen they are "primo" and the new parts will interchange
with the original 1950's heads.
    I've bought several extras for my Arduns from Orosco and I talk with
Ferguson regularly. He's a member of both the Bonneville and El Mirage
"Two-Clubs" (using GMC 12-ports and stock heads) and has raced Arduns
extensively before he and his dad switched to the "Inliners".and a nice
guy........... I have Don's phone number if it wasn't in the article or if
anyone is crazy enough to tackle a set of these dinosauers.
                                        Ardun Doug King in Castro's Valley,
CA.