Re: So now what?

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: So now what?
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 15:57:35 EST
In a message dated 11/21/1999 10:48:42 AM Pacific Standard Time,
kturk@ala.net writes:

<< Well John just informed me that the D Blown Gas Altered record was moved up
 a tick... okay A LOT.... 246mph.... hmmm Well that about blows my Plans for
 running a D Blown Altered next year.... You talk about having to go back to
 square one here... Wow...

 Well hmmm.... Guess Teague's 409mph ain't that steep now is it?  another
 soft record to look at... Hmmm

 One of My Personal Hero's is the 19th member of the Two Club... Donald
 Healey and he did it with a Blown D Class engine... I think the rules on
 Cubic inches have changed since the 50's but the idea of running a Healey
 someday with a D motor has really always been part of my Plans... Really
 don't know which way this is going to end up...

 I could see the Camaro running 230-235 with a Twin Turbo'ed D motor... but
 I don't think the 245 is a reasonable number for this car.... Hmmm
 interesting set of Problems...

 Where can I find all the current records and the Two CLub Minimums....

 Keith Turk
 Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
 Camaro ( D Gas Altered )

Keith,
    Bev Stanley can quote you the minimum and / or put you in touch with
Gordon Hoyt, the Two Club guy. I can also tell you what it is if you give me
the class.
                                    Ardun Doug from CA