Re: Pierson Coupe

To: kturk@ala.net
Subject: Re: Pierson Coupe
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:52:39 -0800
Yep! Went 202+ MPH in 1986, but took until 1990 to get into the Club.
I'm a slow learner. I had a high-speed by-pass on the injection that
kept leaning it out on top no matter what I did in jetting. Finally
threw it away the last meet at Bonneville in 1989, but the ignition went
away. Went to the lakes in November without the by-pass and with a new
MSD and went 202.805 MPH in the dirt. Then went to Bonneville 1990 and
it took until the World Finals to figure out what to do with the
nitrous. Set the record at 217.236 MPH, which got me into the club, then
raised it twice more to end up with the record that John took in 1998
(221.898 MPH).

Tom