Re: Pierson Coupe

To: saltracer@awwwsome.com (Thomas E. Bryant), land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pierson Coupe
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 08:33:07 -0500 (EST)
Tom,  Great Story!!  Thanks for sharing it.

226 mph is tremendous speed for what appears to have been mostly '34
Ford chassis and suspension.  Could you tell us exactly what suspension,
steering, chassis mods, ballasting and cooling system you had in it at
the end?

No question the '34 three-window was one of the all time prettiest
Fords.  People today are lucky that several companies make good-quality
repro bodies and frames for fairly reasonable prices.  It wouldn't be
too hard to come up with a beautiful racecar out of this, with filled
original '34 grillshell.  The body company can probably chop the top any
amount you want for a little extra.  Regards, ArdunBill from Chesapeake,
VA.  Anybody see the Nicholas Cage film Red Rock West?  Hope we don't
get "Lyle from Dallas" in our chat group.